Monday, November 23, 2020

A TRUMPIAN FAREWELL

By Edwin Cooney


My Fellow Americans,


I have reluctantly concluded that corruption on the part of former Vice President Biden, Senator Kamala Harris and members of the Democratic Party establishment is so pervasive that as of January 20th, 2021, I will be illegally forced to vacate the office of President of the United States for the next four year presidential term.


In view of this conclusion, I will regard myself as a deposed president not a defeated presidential candidate. Seventy-three million Americans have given testimony to the legitimacy of my candidacy for re-election. As I prophesied three years ago, the only way I could be denied re-election would be if the election were rigged. Unfortunately, to the detriment of the American people, my prophecy has come true!


In both honor of, and respect for, the will of the people, I declare that beginning on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021, I will be the president of a government in exile. Accordingly, I therefore regard every member of my cabinet as having been deposed by this corrupt criminal and treasonous element in American society. Furthermore, having been deposed rather than legally defeated, I remain the legitimate head of the Republican Party and I expect to remain so designated in 2024.


In the meantime, I shall establish a media network dedicated to the achievement of the goals I set forth in my inaugural address on Friday, January 20th, 2017. As President in exile, I shall have the same legal status as that of an incumbent president.


In witness of that status, I hereby pardon myself for any transgressions I have made or may have made between January 20th, 2017 and January 20th, 2021. As for impending charges which may be issued against me in the State of New York, I shall appeal those charges up to the Supreme Court of the United States.


During the coming four years in which I'll be serving as a deposed president who heads a legal and positive social and political party and force in Congress, I will be designing, describing, and advocating laws and strategies which, after January 20th, 2025, will free us from the shackles of corruption of this ongoing conspiracy that daily commits internationally supported terror and treason against the American people. Once I return as President in 2025, all agreements, programs, and laws advocated, negotiated or passed by Congress during the criminal Biden administration, will be rescinded!


This extraordinary journey on my part is crucial to the ongoing welfare of the United States. Once my mission is complete, America will be strong and free enough to return to our traditional way of transferring presidential power between administrations.


As of noon on Monday,  January 20th, 2025, I expect to be restored to the office that was criminally denied me in 2021. Upon my retirement in 2029, America will truly be strong, prosperous, secure, and great once again!


Thank you my fellow citizens and, as always, may God bless America! 


And now my comments:  Is the above message presumptuous? Of course, it is! However, given Mr. Trump's unwillingness to accept the status of electoral defeat as other presidents have, there's no other status, or quasi-status he can logically assume. Second, is this anything more than an outrageous fantasy on my part? The answer is I certainly so! Third, if he's illegally been denied re-election, the only redress of that denial would be through the courts and, up to this writing, no court, including the Supreme Court of the United States, has received sufficient evidence to seriously adjudicate any suit the president's legal team has put forth.


As for his insistence that he remains the head of the Republican Party as a president in exile, that status is likely to be challenged as time goes on. There are simply too many ambitious men and moneyed interests in the Republican party.


The above purely fictitious message is not a prediction of the future, It’s merely a logical presumption of what may occur in the absence of President Trump's willingness to concede the election to Mr. Biden.


Sixty years ago when questions were raised about the legitimacy of the outcome of the 1960 election between Vice President Richard Nixon and Senator John F. Kennedy, Joseph Kennedy, Sr. put in a call to former President Herbert Hoover. Hoover advised Dick Nixon not to press the question of the legitimacy of the votes cast in Mayor Richard J. Daley's Chicago political fiefdom. Neither in his book "Six Crises" nor in his presidential memoirs did Mr. Nixon (or anyone else) give the inside story of what was behind Kennedy and Hoover's telephone calls. Nixon merely said that our international vulnerability in the cold war against the Soviets (in other words our "national security”) was his reason not to protest the outcome of the 1960 election. Ironically, it was outgoing Vice President Richard Nixon who, in the presence of the House of Representatives,  had to certify John F. Kennedy's election as the 35th President of the United States of America.


Yes, indeed, the letter above would definitely be beyond the pale. Unfortunately, as I have hereby asserted, it is far from being beyond possibility!


Oh! One more matter of considerable wonderment and interest. If President Trump heads a "government in exile," should President Biden deport him, acknowledge his status, or simply ignore him?


What say you?


RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED,

EDWIN COONEY

No comments: